Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

My vdc light on my dash will not go off and make my car

Customer Question

my vdc light on my dash will not go off and make my car start hard. who do I need to see or is this a problem I can take care of without going to a service station. curtis
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!

Do you have a Service Engine Soon light on as well as the VDC light?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
service engine light is on.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Do you happen to know what code you have? It sounds like a CAM sensor issue. If you don't have a way of checking for codes, and you do not live in California, Auto Zone offers free scans. See if can swing by there and have them scan it for you and return back with the code for me. Then I will advise what will need to be done to resolve your issue.

Sound good?

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Do you think you can do that for me?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not taken my car to get the code you needed to give me a good response. I will try today and I would see if this problem can be corrected. I thank you.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
When it comes to running issues, starting issues or anything of the sort, if you have a Service Engine Soon light. You always want to start by scanning the car to see what codes you have. There are over 500 possible codes that this car can generate. There is no real way to guess it. That is why I asked if you can go to your local auto zone to have them do it, since they do it for free. Then return back with the code and I can properly answer your question. I don't like to guess at what a problem can be with out the code.
I did say it sounds like it could be a Cam Sensor. A Cam Sensor can cause a Engine Speed signal code in the ABS system which will illuminate the VDC light and can make the car hard to start. But I always like to verify things so you don't waste money putting a part in and it doesn't work. Especially when parts could be expensive.
Understand? Another thing. When it comes to electrical parts and sensors. You always want to stick with getting parts at the dealer. After market parts never work right. So please keep that in mind as well.
Please let me know when you get the code so we can finish our question.
Thanks Jay