Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

I am in the process of removing my rack and pinion and

Customer Question

i am in the process of removing my rack and pinion and cannot see where the pinch bolt, that clamps the steering shaft down to the rack and pinion, is. where is it located at?
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!

on these older racks, you have four 10 mm bolts that go to two bracket pieces that hold the rubber boot to cover the knuckle for the rack. So you need to remove the four 10 mm bolts, remove the two pieces of bracket and pull the boot back to access the steering joint so you can remove it from the rack.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Do you have any more questions on this?