Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

One day when I stopped my G37 on the road and shifted from

Customer Question

One day when I stopped my G37 on the road and shifted from Drive to Park, the engine suddenly started to roar very loudly. I had to quickly turned off the ignition to quiet it. It only happened once. What has happened? I am sure that my foot was not on the accelerator pedal.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!

How many floor mats do you have on the drivers side floor?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
one
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Normally, the only thing I have seen cause that is a floor mat. These cars don't rev up like that unless something is hitting the pedal.

Was this just a roaring noise? Maybe it was the fans? If you start it will it make this noise?