Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

My 2009 infinity qx56 backup camera has gone completely

Customer Question

My 2009 infinity qx56 backup camera has gone completely black. Where do I begin to try and fix it or replace it
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!

Most cases I have seen when the Camera image is black, it's a camera failure. Does the front camera work?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The monitor in the dash works fine. Its when I put it in reverse that the screen goes black.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Ok.. Yeah, you are looking at a rear camera issue then. The back up camera would need to be replaced to resolve your issue.

If you give me your vin number, I can get you a part number and a ruff estimate on the repair.

Let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it that complicated to do it myself. Where do start to get to the camera.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
It's not that easy. The whole back panel needs to be removed to access it. I forget if that lic plate finisher has to be removed to replace the camera as well.
The camera is a dealer item only. That is why I offer to get you a price on the part. I just need your vin number