Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

My DVD player won't play certain DVDs. Do you know why?

Customer Question

Hi Ryan! My DVD player won't play certain DVDs. Do you know why?
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!

What year QX56 is this? Also, are they store brought DVD's or Home Made?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2008, all store bought.. Dora and Diego DVD's work fine but virtually NOTHING ELSE
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also, these are all PLAIN DVDs, not blu rays
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

The ones that don't play, how scratched up are they? Normally the only time I have seen DVD's not play is if the disc is scratched.

Let me know

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not scratched at all!! Brand new out of the box😩
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

are you getting a disc error ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. It just won't play. I'm becoming impatient with this process Jay. I ordered this service because I was on road trip vacation with a 3&6 ur old and was seeking an immediate resolution to my problem. I have made it home now, and still no resolution from you. Your one sentence questions is simply dragging out the process. Nevermind, I'm back in town now and will seek resolution elsewhere. Thanks anyway!
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Sorry it took so long. I had a series of events happen that required my personal attention.

If you find only certain DVD's work, I would look at the manufacture of the DVD and see if you have other DVD's from that manufacture. It could be a Manufacture issue with the DVD's.

Most cases when I see dvd's that don't work, they are all scratched or have one deep scratch that keep them from reading. So that is something you may want to check as well.

Sorry once again for any delays.

Thanks Jay!