sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a 2004 G35 with 110k miles. My ABS and Traction

Customer Question

hello, I have a 2004 G35 with 110k miles. My ABS and Traction Control lights come on and tach goes to zero, but car drives fine. Normally happens on interstate.. If I pull over and turn car off and wait 10-30 secs I'm able to restart w/o the warning lights on.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to Justanswer!
It's possible that you could be losing crank sensor signal which could potentially affect traction control, but the engine light should also be on if that's the case. I'm wondering if you're actually experiencing a bus communication issue and the tach is dropping because the cluster isn't able to communicate with the engine controller. A communication issue could be a failure in any module or a wiring issue shorting the bus circuits high or low.
The first step in diagnosing the problem will be to see what fault codes are setting in the ABS module and engine controller. Do you know what codes are setting?