Mike V.
Mike V., Infiniti Mechanic
Experience:  Factory trained to repair Nissan and Subaru.
2921078

I know I will have to replace the radio, the audio finisher

Customer Question

I know I will have to replace the radio, the audio finisher board went out a couple of months ago. The a/c just stayed on all the time we were driving, but now it comes on when its cool in the morning and about 3 seconds in the 100 degree temps in the evening. Is this a pressure valve problem or a/c switch problem?
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

This is likely still an issue with the control board in my opinion. Basically when the board fails you have no control over the hvac system as well as the audio system.

If it was a problem with one of the sensors, I would have to suspect the ambient air temp sensor. Also, check and make sure that both cooling fans are coming on when the compressor is coming on. If they aren't, then the pressure might be getting to high in the hotter temps and the pressure sensor is doing it's job by cutting the compressor off. Since it only runs for 3 seconds when it's hot out, make sure to check it when it's cool and the a/c is working for you. I have had it happen in the past where the car's a/c would work when it was cooler, then stop working when the temps came up and this was the problem.

Please let me know if there is any more I can do to help you from here.

What happens next:
Just Answer will now charge you for the full amount of your question.
My goal is to provide you with 5-star service. If you cannot rate me at least 3-5 stars, we will keep working on this.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and effort; you do with a 3-5 star rating.
Follow up questions are included in your question price even after rating.