peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

1991 infinity q45 just replaced rings,bearings,and timing

Customer Question

1991 infinity q45 just replaced rings,bearings,and timing chain and guides and tensioners.very loud noise from cam or lifters on right hand cylinder head only.removed hydraulic lash adjusters in both heads and disassembled and cleaned overnight in carb bath.same noise o\upon restart.i did bleed lifters before reassembly.please suggest next step to test and repair. is oil passageway restriction in headgasket or in head testable?
Category: Infiniti
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.
From what you have described here this sounds like a restriction with the oil flow causing this issue.This can be due to something being put together incorrectly or a gasket that isn't lined up properly.I would re check the work that was done to see if an issue can be found and if a fault is found it will need repaired.
Thanks Pete