Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

I have an Infiniti 2005 g35x with an air bag flashing light.

Customer Question

I have an Infiniti 2005 g35x with an air bag flashing light. I had no issue until I went in for the volunteer recal. As soon as I left the dealer abt 10 miles, light went on. this was about 12,000 miles ago. I want to sell my car, but don't want to as is and don't want to sink 1800 for a repair. is there a fix I can do myself?
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!

Did you have the Air Bag light on before you had the recall?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did not
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dealer had told me maybe they forgot to reset computer and they will take care of it at next service. When I went back they said it was not the recall issue and it will cost me 1800.00 to fix
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

If you did not have Air Bag light going to into the dealer, and you have one now, take it back to the dealer. They are now responsible for this light to be on. If they try to sell you a side air bag, the recall they did on the car was for the connection for the side air bag. You should not have to pay if you did not have a light on before you brought it in!

the dealer should take care of this for you at no additional charge. If they want to charge you, I would call Infiniti Consumer Affairs and plead your case with them! They will make the dealer do it

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did all that 5 yrs ago and got nowhere. I need to sell the car and don't feel right selling it with this issue. I need advise to fix it please
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

It was just at the dealer correct?

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105565483/Air%20Bag%20Self%20Diag%20ignition.jpg

Try these steps 2 times and see if the air bag light will clear. The recall is for the light coming on. If you have a side air bag code, the dealer may replace the side air bag at no charge.

You can contact Infiniti to inquire with them if the dealer gives you a hard time on it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105565483/Infiniti%20number.jpg

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if the steps I gave you clear the air bag light.