Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

Howdy,. I recently purchased an '08 m35x. Today, the service

Customer Question

Howdy, Ryan. I recently purchased an '08 m35x. Today, the service engine soon, cdc off, and slip lights all came on. It also "hiccuped" at a light prior to this. Some of the forums claim brake pads and low brake fluid. Some say camshaft sensor, or crankcase sensor. I have 94k mi. What are your thoughts?
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is***** happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!
This is most likely a Cam Sensor issue. Did you have the car scanned to see what codes you have?
Let me know
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Howdy, Jay!
No, I did not have the codes scanned. I am thinking of purchasing a scanner. What would be a good, yet inexpensive scanner to pick up? Also, if this issue Is, In Fact, a cam sensor, what is my approx. cost for one at an auto parts store? And approx. how long/difficult of a job is it to replace this puppy?I might purchase the scanner tomorrow late morning, and then get back in touch with you. I truly appreciate all the help you can provide.
Thanks,
Bryant
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Well Byant, A code reader would be fine. They are fairly in expensive.

If it is a Cam Sensor, your car has two of them and it's best to replace them in pairs. Also, if it is a electrical sensor causing this, don't get the parts from your local auto parts store. After Market electrical parts never work right. Get the sensors from the dealer. They are around 90 bucks each and as far as labor to replace them, you are looking at around 1 1/2 hours labor. Just remember if you do have cam sensors done, make sure they do not clean the throttle chamber. If they do, they could damage it if they don't use the right cleaners and it will require a idle relearn after cleaned.

After you get the code, if you would like to return back for more help on this, please just return back and let me know the code. If it is a Cam Sensor, then you know what needs to be done.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!