Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

Infiniti Q45: 2003 Q45, vdc light comes on and message "slip".

Customer Question

2003 Q45, vdc light comes on and message "slip". cannot accelerate above 10 mph. turned off engine, turned back on and warning light "service engine soon", but able to drive normal speed. Infiniti dealership says the distance sensor involved with the crusise control is malfunctioning and will cost $2,600.00. Can sensor be disconnected from engine? I never use cruise control.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you! Yes. All you need to do is unplug the laser. I have done this many times on QX56's when the laser internally fails and feeds back. So simply unplugging the laser will disable it. You will not have cruise control though. If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask. If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service. Thanks Jay!