Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

Infiniti G35 Journey: My 2008 infiniti G35 sedan journey suddenly

Customer Question

My 2008 infiniti G35 sedan journey suddenly stopped working. So if I keep my foot off the break and push the ignition button, all of the lights will come on and windows and seats will move etc... but once I put my foot on the break and attempt turning the engine, the car immediately shuts off all power, and then (with all lights and engine off) the seat finishes adjusting and then everything is just shut off.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you! Did you try jump starting the car and check your battery connections?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. Although I'm being told is probably just a dead battery. I thought since electrical came on that battery was fine?
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
It could be a weak battery. If you pop the cover off and expose the top of the battery, does it have 6 small caps on top?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im honestly not too sure. The car is parked at a state park right now. It happened at about midnight so I had to leave it there overnight. Im heading back over there in a few hours. Do you think I should just try jumping it? My first instinct was telling me it was the starter.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
You always want to try a Jump Start first.. If you have the jumper cables on the car and you are getting a single click, that is a sign of a bad starter. So try to pay attention to the noises it makes if it doesn't start. Rapid clicking is a weak battery. Which means leave the jumpers on the car for about 15 mins and let it charge up the battery a little more. If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask. If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service. Thanks Jay!