Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

Infiniti QX56: Dash lights go out when the head lights come

Customer Question

Dash lights go out when the head lights come on. RPM gage doesn't work at all.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you! Is it the whole dash lights that go out when the head lights are turned on? Has the dimmer switch been checked? Also let me know if you have a Service Engine Soon light on? Let me know..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, all of the dash board lights go out when the headlights are on. The speedometer works regardless, but the tacometer doesn't work regardless.
I have not checked the dimmer.
Is it possible the entire dash panel must be replaced?
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
I am thinking you may have 2 issues. I think the dimmer switch is turned down, and that is why the dash lights don't work. for the Tachometer, that is most likely that whole meter assembly that will need to be replaced for that. If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask. If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service. Thanks Jay!