Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

Infiniti I-35: I have a 2003 Infiniti I-35 with the 3.5L and

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Infiniti I-35 with the 3.5L and am having a problem diagnosing this issue. A few nights ago while on the road, in heavy traffic, the engine quit and could not be restarted. Found a bad cell on the battery and replaced it. now when I start it, it will run and gets to normal operating temp. If I shut it down, just for a few seconds, it cranks but won't stay running. Along with the battery, I have replaced both cam position sensors and most of the vacuum lines. I can't hear any hissing and am stumped at what to do next.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,Is the check engine light on?To be clear it only happens once it is up to temp?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
check engine light works but is not on. I've repeated the procedure 4 times. Each time the engine runs and achieves normal operating temp and once I shut off the power and try to restart it starts but doesn't catch and run normally.
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the info, what procedure have you completed?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I no longer need your help on this vehicle. How do I request a refund?