Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

Infiniti M45: 2007 infinity M45 104,000 miles while on trip

Customer Question

2007 infinity M45 104,000 miles while on trip rpm wold drop car would go out of gear then stall.Light on dash came on and said slip. What might be the problem?
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you Do you have a Service Engine Soon light also on when the engine is running? Let me know..
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no, a light would come on and say slip but now is off
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
The Slip light is part of the ABS system. We will need to have the ABS system scanned to see what codes are in the system. If you have a Engine Speed Sensor code, that is caused by the Cam Sensor. The Cam Sensor is a primary signal and if it looses signal it can cause the engine to stall and that warning light to come on. But the system would need to be scanned to verify.
If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.
If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.
Thanks Jay!