Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

Infiniti: 2011 M37 Has Brake assist/ adapive CC and Lane Dept

Customer Question

2011 M37 Has Brake assist/ adapive CC and Lane Dept the indicator lamps on dash do not come on but everything works perfect also the mini screen in the center is suppose to show the different settings on CC that does not come on either...?
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is***** happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!
How many miles on the car and has the car ever been in a accident in the front of the car?
Let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
65000 no bought from dealer used clean car fax.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
oh one other thing I noticed the settings screen will not highlight the driver options like the manual shows...
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Well when the ICC is not working like you are describing, the only way to diagnose it is with the Infiniti Scanner. Most cases it's either due to a bad cruise control cancel switch or a internally failed Laser up front. If the laser is bad, that part alone is around 1400 dollars with out labor. If you just got the car I would take it back to the dealer that sold it to you and see if they will repair this for you. Other wise if it is indeed the laser, expect around a 1700 dollar repair. When the ICC is not working, the display will not work either in the meter.
Those are the two most common things I have seen cause your issue. The laser is actually the number 1 reason I would say.
If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.
If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.
Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK the CC and other functions work perfect just the dash lights don't come on.
So the laser works because I use it with the lane departure and brake assist with the CC on and I can change the distance on the steering wheel on the fly, in Seattle traffic everyday.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
The Lane departure and Brake assist uses camera's on the the top windshield. It does not use the laser. If the display does not work in the meter for the intellegent Cruise Control, then it is not working. If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask. Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I see, but the LDS and Brake assist have lights that are not part of the center display and the cruise has a green light other than the center display and those lights fail to come one also, are you saying the ICC controls all of them?
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
The ICC laser is a control unit. Like any control unit that fails, it can back feed the electrical system and cause other operations not to work properly.
If the Intelligent Cruise Control display does not come on in the meter to set the distance for operation, that means there is a problem with the ICC system and will require a scanner to diagnose. Yes you can turn the cruise control on, and the green light will come on in the meter, but it has no function for proper operation.
Thanks Jay!
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
If you are satisfied with my help, please Rate me so I can get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.
Thanks Jay!