Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

Infiniti G35 X: I'm in the military and just got back from

Customer Question

I'm in the military and just got back from training for 2 weeks. I disconnected my power and ground wires from my battery. When I hooked them back up to leave work, it would not start. I know the battery is good because I tried getting a jump start. All of the fuses are good also. I'm thinking it might be the starter or immobilizer. I tried tapping on the starter as a few "gear heads" I work with suggested and still nothing
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you! Thank you for your Services, I am sorry no one has replied sooner, so I will try to help you with your issue. Can you tell me if you are getting any clicking when you try to start the car? Does the ignition turn on if you hit the start button two times with out stepping on the brake pedal? Does the brake lights come on when you step on the brake pedal? Let me know..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There's no clicking and the ignition do turn on. I have to see if the brake lights come on but the pedal is tough to press down.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Ok.. Please let me know if the Brake lights come on, and also let me know if the steering wheel seems locked when the ignition is off. Let me know..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The steering wheel locks like normal when the ignition is off and unlocks when on
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
ok,. That is good.. How about the brake lights? Do they come on when you step on the brake pedal?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Brake light comes on
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
ok.. good.. When you try to start the car, do you hear any type of clicking? A single click? Rapid Clicking? Anything? Also put the car in to neutral and see if it starts. Let me know...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Might have been a single click but it might have been from the steering wheel lock release. Still the same in neutral
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
The reason I am asking is cause if you are getting a single click, you could have a bad starter. That is what a single click means. Can you please double check to be sure?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No clicking
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Well, the basics look like they have been covered. We will need to look at things a little more now. If you put the remote into the remote slot and press the start button two times with out stepping on the brake, is the security light on solid?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The yellow key or the red car
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
I see you accepted Additional Service. I provided my contact info so you can contact me.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will check the lights. I was just on lunch break
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
ok... let me know..
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, did you call? I was on a Another call?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did call and I just got off work
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The yellow key is on solid
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Try disconnecting the negative battery cable for 15 mins.. Then try to start the car..
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've had both cables disconnected for a day
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
I will be online around 6 or 7 pm EST and be online till 10 or 11 pm. Can we continue then?