Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

Infiniti QX56: qx bottoms out? Had air shocks, compressor replaced

Customer Question

qx bottoms out? Had air shocks, compressor replaced last year. Mechanic says that it is at the correct level. Hit a minor bump and the rear end bottoms out.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. What you will need to have done is a ride height calibration done. This will set the ride height in the rear of your truck if the compressor is working properly. This can only be done by the dealer. So you can take it to a Nissan or Infiniti dealer to have that done. If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pathetic answer. As stated before :The ride height is correct. The vehicle only bottoms out when going over a bump
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Let me explain again. Your ride height is controlled by a control unit. You use a scanner to activate a Ride Height Relearn. This will raise the back of the truck and level it. If you don't do this, the system may not have enough pressure in it and can bottom out. The relearn pressurizes the system so it can operate properly. Plus when you perform this, you can also perform a active test on the rear compressor to make sure that is operating. If the compressor is not operating, that also could be the reason there is no pressure in the back and that is why your bottoming out. All the steps at this point require a scanner to correct your issue.
I am sorry if you think this is a Pathetic answer, but it is the answer to your question.
If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.
Thanks Jay!