Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

My new 2015 Q60s Keyless remote does not unlock or lock the

Customer Question

My new 2015 Q60s Keyless remote does not unlock or lock the car. I can still open the door with the door bottom and turn on the car. Any suggestions?
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is***** happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!
Does the head lights turn on? Does the car have electrical power?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I've been driving the car for 4 days now. I never bother to check the remote. Neither one of them work. I've been able to get in and out of the car and turn it on with the key in my pocket.

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
ok.. So you normally just keep the key in your Pocket and use the outside touch entry on the door handle and just get in the car and press the start button and go.
Now, let me ask you this, can you still do this? Yet the remote if you press lock or unlock on it does not respond?
Is that correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

???

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
What I am asking is you can start the car correct? Just the remote doesn't lock or unlock the car? You can lock and unlock it from the door handle?
Or does the car not start?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Correct. Thats why I never noticed it until now. I've only had the car for 4 days. Today was the first time I tried to press the lock / unlock button. Very strange. I am still able to start the car, get in and get out and lock and unlock using the door with the key in my pocket.

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Try this for me. I think I may know your problem Stand right in front of the car, meaning very close to it. keep pressing the lock or unlock button and see if it responds only when you are really close to the car. Like standing right at the front wheel. Let me know
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I just tried that...nothing...I am still able to get in the car via the button on the door and start the car.

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
I wonder if you simply have dead batteries in your remotes. I had a 2015 QX70 in yesterday where the remotes only worked when they were close to the car. Meaning the lock and unlock feature. I did a hard reset to correct it. You are welcome to try this, it's fairly easy. All you need to do is disconnect the negative battery cable for 15 mins. Then reconnect it and see if the remotes work. If they don't, then you will need to bring it back to the dealer to have it checked. If it does work, that is great! No trip to the dealer is required. How ever we need to reprogram the one touch auto up, which is easy. To program the window lower it all the way. Then making sure doors are closed, raise and hold the window switch up. When the window goes all the way up and stops, continue to hold the switch up for 5 seconds. That will program the auto up feature. If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Tried that. The key only worked (meaning unlocked and locked the car) only when the car was on. Did not work when the car was off. It looks like I have to go back to the dealership I am assuming to have it programmed.

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
It is more than just a program of the remotes. If it was a remote program issue it would not start the car. So something else is going on. Yes I am afraid that you will need to bring to the dealer to resolve your issue. If you have any more questions on this please feel free to ask. Thanks Jay
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.