Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

Car: 2004 Infiniti M45Mileage: 206700Symptoms: While driving

Customer Question

Car: 2004 Infiniti M45
Mileage: 206700
Symptoms: While driving the gas pedal becomes unresponsive and hence there's no power to the wheels; Dummy lights on dash illuminate; Power steering fails. Can steer to side of road. Engine still running as is the air conditioner.
Simple Remedy: Turn-off the ignition and then turn-on the ignition - the car starts and drives just fine, power steering included.
Repeatability: This has happened 4 times in 2 years - the interval between incidents is unpredictable. Symptom happened at about 200,000 mileage mark, when we moved from AZ to FL.
Diagnosis: Dealer says no error codes in computer(s) and of course cannot replicate the problem.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Fix_It_Man replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. Can you tell me if this tends to happen at the same speed?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Bobby,
The incident has happened at 80 MPH and has happened at less than 30 MPH - rain or shine.
Any idea?