sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Thor infinity: i replaced the battery in a thor infinity that

Customer Question

i replaced the battery in a thor infinity that has a vortec 8.1 engine,the neg. terminal drew a spark. the engine will crank but willnot start. is this a fuse problem or something else.
thanks
ron
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to Justanswer!
It's possible that a fuse blew when the battery was connected but it looks like you've checked fuses. If there was a large spark and now the engine will not spark then I suspect polarity may have been reversed.
If fuses are good and it now will not start I suspect the engine controller may have been damaged. See if you can hear the fuel pump run when the key is first turned on and you will also want to see if the controller will communicate with a scan tool. If it won't communicate and the fuel pump doesn't run either then the ECM is down.
If the ECM is down and fuses are good then odds are it has failed but you would need to test it's powers and grounds before condemning it to make sure there isn't an outside electrical/wiring issue preventing it from waking up.