Mike, Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I have been a Car/vehicle mechanic 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.
9261905

Original problem; snapping/popping from front center speaker

Customer Question

Original problem; snapping/popping from front center speaker even when the radio is off. Replaced original radio with one from the wreckers. Never got sound from the transplant. Car would crank, but not start. Removed 10amp anti theft fuse car started but would not shut off with push button.disconnected battery turned of with push button. Reinstalled original radio back into car. Car still turns over, no start, no radio,no gas gauge function, car push button turns on, dash lights up. running out of options.
Tom
Category: Infiniti
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2007 g35x sedan
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome..
My name is MIKE.
With this issue, on removing the radio you interfered with the engine immobilizer system - thats why it wont start with the other radio - it has to be re programmed with plug diag equipment Im afraid... It will have to have this done now anyway given where you are up to - you will have to get the car towed to get this done.
If there are any other faults on the electrical system - that then was causing your popping noise as you mentioned - this will also show on the diag test..
Those are the only options left to you on this one now to get this cured Im afraid.. Again - you need dealer level plug in equipment to deal / sort this now ..
Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..
-Meantime ----- Please do the rating for me at this time.. - Thank you in advance for that - ... Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating should you need more at all - it doesn't close you out --
Best Rgds, MIKE.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello again -
This is MIKE who answered you as above - Im just checking with you if I can help you on this anymore at all -- or - if we are done, please just click on the Exc / Ok ratings for me at this point -
Thank you -
Kind Rgds, MIKE.