3pac2222
3pac2222, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ase certify tech
6166830

Infiniti G35 Sport: Greetings ... replaced the battery in my

Customer Question

Greetings ... replaced the battery in my 07 G35S sedan, and now the driver's seat won't go forward/back/tilt (psgr seat fine), mirrors will not move, and auto up/down on the windows won't work (they do work when switch held up/down, just the suto function is not working. Any ideas?
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  3pac2222 replied 1 year ago.
hi r u be the car now ??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, was having dinner ... what's up?
Expert:  3pac2222 replied 1 year ago.
for the seat it sounds like you have a blown fuses so check all the fuses under the hood and inside the car . for the windows they will need to be reset do that just by putting the window down then pull all the way up on the switch keep holding the switch for 7 seconds after the window close fully then release and pull the window down with auto then back up with auto do both windows one at a time
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I checked all the fuses in the block next to the battery as well as the ones next to the driver's left leg (pulled fuses, checked with multimeter and reseated) - all were good ... any other places where there are hidden fuses? And I'll try the window fix now.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Window reset fixed that problem ... all 4 windows now working correctly. No change with mirrors not working and driver's seat not moving.
Expert:  3pac2222 replied 1 year ago.
did you check the fuses that is a separate problem from the windows
Expert:  3pac2222 replied 1 year ago.
you have ether a blown fuse or a wiring problem there most likely a fuse because it was working before the battery replacement
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Agree it is most likely a fuse ... are there any other places where there would be one? I've pulled all from the main block next to the battery as well as all by the driver's left leg - all tested good.
Expert:  3pac2222 replied 1 year ago.
give me some time when i get to work in one hour i will get you the location of that fuse
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks!
Expert:  3pac2222 replied 1 year ago.
did you check the big fuse box behind the battery ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No box "behind" the battery ... there is a box next to the battery and I checked all the fuses there - all were good.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also checked the main fusable link and all the aux fusable links on the battery harness - they too are all good.
Expert:  3pac2222 replied 1 year ago.
is this a coup or sedan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
07 G35S sedan
Expert:  3pac2222 replied 1 year ago.
ok so if you remove the cover for the battery right behind the battery there is a black box remove the cover you will see the fuse box inside
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have already checked the fuses next to the battery in the main fuse block as well as removing the cover for the IPDM (intelligent power distribution module) right next to it and checked the fuses in there ... all are good.
Expert:  3pac2222 replied 1 year ago.
did you have any sparks when installing the battery
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
None. Positive connected first, negative lead second.
Expert:  3pac2222 replied 1 year ago.
do you have the auto position seats there would be button on the door pedal that say set 1 2 3 ??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes. Full G35 sport package with auto adjusting seats with lumbar, thigh & chest supports (inflatable). Lumbar and thigh/chest support inflation pump all work, but slide front/back and tilt do not work. No lights on the door buttons for the auto position seats either.
Expert:  3pac2222 replied 1 year ago.
ok sounds like you have a problem with the auto drive position unit the unit is located under the driver front seat you should try disconnecting to unit then reconnect and see if it work disconnect the battery before yo u do this please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I took it to the dealership, they swapped out the unit with a new one and it did not work. Original one is back in now. No changes. Also made sure the re-initialization was done after the swap - no change.
Expert:  3pac2222 replied 1 year ago.
did they check power and ground to the unit
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I checked the ground all the way to the seat switch yesterday, still no power to the switch. I'm tracing back thru the wire bridles today to see if there are any shorts/breaks along the way. So far, wiring is good.
Expert:  3pac2222 replied 1 year ago.
no power ??
Expert:  3pac2222 replied 1 year ago.
did you also check the fuse box under the dash ??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No power at the switch, working backwards towards the battery thru all the wiring and gizmos. And yes, I checked all the fuses in the panel by the driver's left leg.
Expert:  3pac2222 replied 1 year ago.
and you have seat operation before the battery replacement
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Correct. Still have passenger seat operation and partial driver seat operation. No slide or tilt on driver's seat, and neither side mirror work.
Expert:  3pac2222 replied 1 year ago.
try this disconnect the battery both cable with the both cables off the battery hold both cables touching for 1 minute then reconnect and see if the seat start to work
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK ... it'll take a little time. I'll get back to you with what I find.
Expert:  3pac2222 replied 1 year ago.
ok