Mike V.
Mike V., Infiniti Mechanic
Experience:  Factory trained to repair Nissan and Subaru.
2921078

Infiniti FX35: I own a 2004 FX35. All the door actuators have

Customer Question

I own a 2004 FX35. All the door actuators have been replaced and the doors lock and unlock with no problems. lately, while locked and parked, it continues to lock itself, lights flicker and horn chirps. While driving, it continues to lock itself. You can hear the click click sound of the doors locks. Any idea where to start looking for the problem?
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Mike V. replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,Have the keyfob tested or take the battery out. It's the most common cause of this problem. Most parts stores can test them for you at no charge, even most dealers will. You might be sending out signals and not even know it!If the fob is fine then usually it's water intrusion in the door lock wiring harness causing the problem.Please let me know what more I can do to help.What happens next:Just Answer will now charge you for the full amount of your question.My goal is to provide you with 5-star service. If you cannot rate me at least 3-5 stars, we will keep working on this.Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and effort; you do with a 3-5 star rating.Follow up questions are included in your question price even after rating.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's not the key fobs because I took the batteries out and the symtoms are the same. Are you saying, water got into a door lock harness? How would water get inside? Which door would be the culprit? What is the main device that controls the locks? Is there a module?
Expert:  Mike V. replied 2 years ago.
The main device that controls the locks would be the IPDM under the hood.I am saying that sometimes water gets into the door harness where the cylinder lock is located or on the harness where the lock button is inside on the driver side. Could be the passenger side as well, the only way to know is to pull the door panels and look for the culprit. Sometimes water leaks between the seal, sometimes it's just corrosion from condensation.One other thought is the dome light switch on the door jambs. I have seen them get beat up from closing the door with the seatbelt in the way. So I would look at them as well because it's not going to want to lock the doors when one is open. Or when it thinks the door is open, a bad switch might be causing this.