Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

I have G37. One I press start boton it takes time till

Customer Question

I have G37. One I press start boton it takes time till engine start. Nothing wrong with starteer as it engage immediately. This only happen when outside temperature is very high. No check engine light. Fuel pump replaced with no help
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is***** happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!
What year G37 is this? Coupe or Sedan? Any Mods on the car? Cold air intake? K&N air filters?
Also when it does not start, do you get a single click or rapid clicking?
Let me know..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sedan G37xS. Standard original air intake. Rapid click as normal but it seems to be the issue with fuel system
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
What year is the car?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2011
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.
a 2011 G37 with Rapid clicking when trying to start is normally a sign of a weak battery. If your with in the 4 years or 60k mile bumper to bumper warranty the Battery is covered. So the dealer would check it and replace it if found to be bad.
That is what will give you that rapid clicking when you try to start it.
Sometime if you let it sit, it may turn over slow as it could build a charge, and it may start. But based on your description. It's a battery issue.
If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.
If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.
Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sir,Nothing wrong with battery and started. As I said the issue with the fuel system. Fuel going late into the engine in hot weather.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Rapid clicking is normally a battery issue. How many miles do you have on the car?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
50k. It does not click. It engaged imediatly with full power. No issue with the battery or starter
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
I thought you said that when it happens you get a rapid clicking and it doesn't start. Has the dealer looked at this issue at all for you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. This car is an American specs and now it is in ME. Dealer did not accept it
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
What do you mean the dealer did not accept it? What is wrong with the car that they would not accept it? This car as long as it's not salvage and is a US car, it may still be under factory warranty. I can check for you if you give me the vin. Let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Once you take the car outside USA warranty will be cancelled
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
if you share the vin with me, I can verify that. Could you share the vin with me?