Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

Infiniti qx 56: auto lift gate on 2004 QX 56 stopped working,

Customer Question

auto lift gate on 2004 QX 56 stopped working, is there an electrical sequence to check first belore looking at struts/motors etc.
buttons seem dead. you can manualy open and struts seem to hold etc so thought could be fuse/ relay type thing?
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is***** happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!
Couple questions,
If you open the rear hatch manually will it stay up on it's own?
Did you check the rear hatch on / off button on the dash located by your left knee area if you were sitting in the drivers seat?
Let me know..