Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

Infiniti FX35: I have a 2006 Infiniti FX35 and don't have the

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Infiniti FX35 and don't have the key fob but my car started this morning. No alarm sounded when I got out. I looked every where in the car for the fob and it is not in the car. I can't lock my car though when I get out and go grocery shopping today. I am just thinking that someone could drive away with my car and why did it start without the fob?
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is***** happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!
If you can get into your car without a key and start it, the only way it can do this is if there is a key lost in the car, or if you have a remote start in the car with a key hidden in the remote start.
If you can't locate the key or remote, the only way to really stop it from doing this is to take all the keys and remotes you currently have to the dealer and have them re-programmed to the car. When you program keys to the car, the first step of programming is to erase all key id's. So this way the key that is lost or hidden in the car will no longer work and stop this from happening.
That is the only way you will be able to resolve your issue. Other than finding the key of course.
If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.
If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.
Thanks Jay!