Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

Infiniti M35 X: Just bought a 2007 M35X, had it week

Customer Question

Just bought a 2007 M35X, had it for a week and when I went to start it today it will not start. Engine does not even attempt to turn over. All lights indicate all is well. Seats move into place, seat belt light and internal lights are working so battery seems good.
Category: Infiniti
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What could be the issue, starter, the start button, battery in the Key-Fob?
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is***** happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!
When you go to start the car, are you getting a single click or rapid click when you try to start it?
Let me know..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As stated, not getting any clicks but I did recently get a duplicate key-fob, which I'm currently using.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could that be the issue?
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
If it was a Frequency copy, maybe.. Did you try the other remote?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have to wait for the wife to get home to try it, I thought about that also. I have the copy, but its been working for 5 days, why have a problem now?!?
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Don't know. Lets see what happens when your wife gets home and try her remote and let me know what happens.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I found out that it was the battery, it's getting weak and needs to be replaced.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
That could do it.
Does the battery have 6 small caps on it?