Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

Infiniti G35 X: hey jay fernando here...i own a 2006 g35x an

Customer Question

hey jay fernando here...i own a 2006 g35x an the car didnt wanted to crank i turn the key and the dashboard lights turn on but the engine didnt crank and i took off the starter to get it check and the starter its fine so now i just wanted to see if you can help me
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 2 years ago.
Hi, My name is***** happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!
Before you removed the starter to get it checked, when you went to start the car were you getting a single click?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no just a 2 very small sounds behind the dashboard like this tic tic but 1 after another
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
and that was after i return the key
Expert:  Jay replied 2 years ago.
Rapid clicking?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes
Expert:  Jay replied 2 years ago.
Rapid clicking is normally due to a weak Battery.
Did you try jump starting the car?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes and after i'd put the jumper from work it did the same thing
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i even put the battery from my other car it did the same thing same noise...i think is the ignition switch what you think?
Expert:  Jay replied 2 years ago.
Do you have remote start or anything installed in the car?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no
Expert:  Jay replied 2 years ago.
What would really help me is if you could take a video clip of what the car is doing. If I can hear what your hearing, and see what your seeing, I am sure I can point you the right direction on what needs to be done.
Do you think that you can do that?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i havent put the starter back on but i can do that....can we continue this conversation later?
Expert:  Jay replied 2 years ago.
It's 11 pm where I am at. I am normally online around 6 or 7 pm EST and online till 10 or 11 pm.
Can we pick this up tomorrow evening? This way you have time to put the starter back in and make the video. Once you have made it, upload it to You Tube if you can and copy and paste the link back to this question so I an hear it.
Let me know if this will work for you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes it will thanks
Expert:  Jay replied 2 years ago.
Thanks talk to you later this evening