Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

Nissan Juke engine turns but not spark what is the

Customer Question

nissan Juke engine turns but not spark what is the diagnostics steps for no spark
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is***** happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!
The first steps to determine what is going on is to scan the vehicle for codes. When you have the code, that can help give direction to where the problem is that is causing the no spark and no start issue.
Do you know what codes you have?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
p1212
p1777
p0705
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the codes I will be online around 6 or 7 p.m. Eastern Standard Time and be online till 10 or 11 p.m.
I will continue with you then
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
??
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, I was waiting for a reply. I will be on later to go over those codes..ok?
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
What year Juke is this please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2013
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
The P1212 is communication problem between the Ecm and the ABS actuator.
P1777 is the belt stepper motor in the CVT transmission.
The P0705 is a transmission range switch.
These codes may require a advanced level scanner. Are you a shop? How many miles on this car? Some of this maybe under warranty.
Let me know
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
DO you think any of these codes will cause no spark?
I don;t think so , this is why I want to check where to start trouble shooting no spark issue
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Yes, that first code. The communication between the abs and ecm. If the ecm is bad you will bot be able to start the car.
If you have any more questions on this please feel free to ask.
If not, and you are satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope that I have provided you with Excellent Service.
Thanks Jay
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ECM is not bad , ABS module has issue
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
The ABS module could be sending bad signals to the Ecm which is keeping the Ecm from starting the car then. I had said that there was a communication problem between the two control units.
If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.
Thanks Jay!