Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

Infiniti M35: I have an m35 the windows will sometimes go down

Customer Question

I have an m35 the windows will sometimes go down on their own with the doors locked and you are no where around
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** Thank you for your question.
There is only a few things that can cause this. A scanner maybe required to isolate that.
There is 3 things that lowers the windows. The unlock button on your remote if you hold it. The drivers door lock cylinder if you put the key in and hold it in the Unlock Position. Last is the touch entry button on the door handles if you hold it. So with your situation, the scanner is used to monitor the buttons on the handles, it shows the door lock cylinder switch position also. The only thing it doesn't show is remote signal. So if you want to see if it's the remote, try taking the battery out of them when you are not using them and see if the issue continues. If the windows go down with the battery out of the remote, you know it's not the remote causing the problem. It would be the door lock or the buttons on one of the handles. Driver side handle is the most common since it's used the most.
If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.
If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.
Thanks Jay!