Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

Infiniti G35 Sport: GOOD EVENING , IF YOUR AIR BAG MODULE IS

Customer Question

GOOD EVENING , IF YOUR AIR BAG MODULE IS BAD WILL THAT STOP THE HORN FROM BLOWING , I HAVE A 2007 INFINITI G35 SEDAN
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is***** happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!
Normally if the horn doesn't work, it doesn't always mean the air bag is the problem. 9 times out of 10 it's what they call the Spiral Cable. It is also known as the clock spring. That is what supplies power to the steering wheel for steering wheel controls, horn and air bag. So if nothing is working on the steering wheel as far as controls, that is most likely the spiral cable. There is cases where certain parts do work on the steering wheel which is also the spiral cable also. But wit any air bag issue on the driver air bag. If you have a code for Drivers air bag open, the spiral cable is always the first thing you replace. That is what connects the air bag to the system. If you still have a air bag code after you replace it, then yes, the drivers air bag would need to be replaced.
If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.
If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.
Thanks Jay!