Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

Infiniti M35: Ryan, I have a 2004 Infiniti M35 that has

Customer Question

Hi Ryan, I have a 2004 Infiniti M35 that has not been driven for about 6 months. I've replaced the battery and it has plenty of gas. But it won't start. Cranks but won't turn over. Help.
Category: Infiniti
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Should be m45 not m35. And what cold cranking amps should the battery be? I have a feeling the store sold me the wrong battery.
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,Is the security light on solid or flashing when you crank the engine?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. It is off. It only flashes when I pull the key out of the ignition
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.
Ok, as for the battery, as long as it has enough power to crank the engine at 250 rpms, it doesn't matter if it's the wrong battery. it will not keep the car from starting.Take some starting fluid and spray it directly into the throttle, then crank the engine and see if it fires on it for a few seconds. Please try this and let me know. You can use carb cleaner if you don't have any starting fluid.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where is the throttle? Sorry for the dumb question. :)
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.
If you look at the air filter box, then follow the large black hose up to the engine, it has a radiator clamp holding it onto the throttle body, you will loosen the clamp, then pull the hose off and that's where you will spray the throttle body.