Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

Infiniti g37s: Problems closing hardtop on infinity G37s

Customer Question

Problems closing hardtop on infinity G37s
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is***** happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!
Please explain the problem your having with your convertible?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi. I have a g37s hardtop. My husband tried to close the roof and the Wi Dows at the same time. Now it won't close and it won't open.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The claws are stuck in the closed position outside of the roof.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We can drive but the roof says in operation.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It won't open or close.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBgXU-XEGYY
That is a video I made for a convertible that stopped working. I performed a hard reset to get the top to start to operate. To do a hard reset you need to disconnect the negative battery cable for 15 mins. After you get the top to operate after the hard reset, you will need to perform a convertible top relearn. You can see how it's done in the video as well. It's something the dealer can only do I am afraid.
If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.
If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.
Thanks Jay!