Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

Infiniti G35: 2006 Infiniti G35 coupe engine idle too fast

Customer Question

2006 Infiniti G35 coupe engine idle too fast service soon light stay on was diagnosed idle control problem, installed new Throttle body need instruction on how to clear code and relearn idle
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,

Codes are cleared using a scan tool or by disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes.

Idle relearn procedure is below

Accelerator Pedal Released Position Learning

DESCRIPTION
Accelerator Pedal Released Position Learning is an operation to learn the fully released position of the accelerator pedal by monitoring the accelerator pedal position sensor output signal. It must be performed each time harness connector of accelerator pedal position sensor or ECM is disconnected.

OPERATION PROCEDURE
1. Make sure that accelerator pedal is fully released.
2. Turn ignition switch ON and wait at least 2 seconds.
3. Turn ignition switch OFF and wait at least 10 seconds.
4. Turn ignition switch ON and wait at least 2 seconds.
5. Turn ignition switch OFF and wait at least 10 seconds.

Throttle Valve Closed Position Learning

DESCRIPTION
Throttle Valve Closed Position Learning is an operation to learn the fully closed position of the throttle valve by monitoring the throttle position sensor output signal. It must be performed each time harness connector of electric throttle control actuator or ECM is disconnected.

OPERATION PROCEDURE
2. Turn ignition switch ON.
Make sure that throttle valve moves during above 10 seconds by confirming the operating sound.

PREPARATION
Before performing Idle Air Volume Learning, make sure that all of the following conditions are satisfied.
Learning will be cancelled if any of the following conditions are missed for even a moment.
- Battery voltage: More than 12.9 V (At idle)
- Engine coolant temperature: 70 - 100 degrees C (158 - 212 degrees F)
- Park/neutral position (PNP) switch: ON
- Electric load switch: OFF
(Air conditioner, headlamp, rear window defogger)
On vehicles equipped with daytime light systems, if the parking brake is applied before the engine is started, the headlamp will not be illuminated.

- Steering wheel: Neutral (Straight-ahead position)
- Vehicle speed: Stopped
- Transmission: Warmed-up
- For A/T models with CONSULT-II
- Drive vehicle until "ATF TEMP SE 1" in "DATA MONITOR" mode of "A/T" system indicates less than 0.9 V.

- For A/T models without CONSULT-II and M/T models
- Drive vehicle for 10 minutes.

1. Perform EC-78, "Accelerator Pedal Released Position Learning". See: Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor > Programming and Relearning > Accelerator Pedal Released Position Learning
2. Perform EC-79, "Throttle Valve Closed Position Learning". See: Computers and Control Systems > Programming and Relearning > Throttle Valve Closed Position Learning
3. Start engine and warm it up to normal operating temperature.
4. Check that all items listed under the topic PREPARATION (previously mentioned) are in good order.
6. Confirm that accelerator pedal is fully released, turn ignition switch ON and wait 3 seconds.
7. Repeat the following procedure quickly five times within 5 seconds.
a. Fully depress the accelerator pedal.
b. Fully release the accelerator pedal.

8. Wait 7 seconds, fully depress the accelerator pedal and keep it for approx. 20 seconds until the MIL stops blinking and turned ON.
9. Fully release the accelerator pedal within 3 seconds after the MIL turned ON.
10. Start engine and let it idle.

11. Wait 20 seconds.

12. Rev up the engine two or three times and make sure that idle speed and ignition timing are within the specifications.

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Eric did rec your answer but I have not had success in the relearn could it have anything to do with my low tire warning light staying on if so I do not know how to clear

Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,

No, the tire pressure monitoring system(TMPS) warning light will not affect the idle relearn procedure.

Either the new throttle body is defective, or a problem with the accelerator position pedal sensor or the engine control module is preventing the idle relearn procedure from succeeding