Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

Infiniti fx 35: , I'm Nathan. I have an infiniti Fx 35 2006.the

Customer Question

Hi, I'm Nathan. I have an infiniti Fx 35 2006.the service engine soon light turned up today and while I was driving it, the car turned down on me few times, I would like to know if its because of the engine service or something else? or how can I resolve that problem? Please..
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 2 years ago.
Hi, My name is***** happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!
Yes, the Stalling issue is most likely related to the Service Engine Soon light. When that light comes on it means it has detected a fault and has generated a code pointing to what circuit has the fault.
The most common item that can cause the service engine soon light and cause stalling is the Cam Sensors. These are major input signals to the computer. If one of them doesn't read when driving, yes, the car can stall. You have two Cam Sensors and it's always best to replace them in pairs. Also, it's also best to replace them with sensors from the dealer. Do not get them from a auto parts store. They never work right.
But to verify it's the Cam Sensor you would need a scanner linked to the car and read the codes. P0340 and P0345 are the Cam Sensor codes.
If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.
If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.
Thanks Jay!