sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Infiniti G37 coupe: My son's G37 couple sunroof is stuck in

Customer Question

My son's G37 couple sunroof is stuck in the open vented position. How can this be fixed?
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
The problem could be electrical or mechanical. The motor may have failed, it could be the switch or wiring. If there is no noise when attempting to open or close it then the problem is most likely electrical. If fuses are good then power and ground would need to be checked at the motor. If there is none then the problem could be with the BCM, switch or wiring and deeper testing of the circuits would need to be done.
It's more likely that the motor has failed or there is a mechanical issue, either a broken/stripped cable or a damaged guide. If it does attempt to move but won't then the problem is mechanical. A failure of the mechanical components would require replacement of the sunroof assembly, which would be in the price range that the shop mentioned.