Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 year as a ASE Tech
7276279

Infiniti I30: I30 2001- the oil light flickers on and off while

Customer Question

I30 2001- the oil light flickers on and off while driving. It usually happens when on a hill or slight incline. The car occasionally shuts off also. I change my oil every 3000 miles. Can you give me any insight?
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The first thing you are going to want to do is to remove the oil pressure switch and install an oil pressure gauge and monitor the actual oil pressure to be sure its okay. If the oil pressure checks okay then the problem is most likely caused by a bad oil pressure switch.