Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

I have a 08 g35x sedan interested in finding out if its

Customer Question

i have a 08 g35x sedan interested in finding out if its within the diamater % to run the IPL rims staggered set up front would be 225/45/19 FRONT 245/40/19 REAR is that enough of a difference to damage the awd system .. my car is out of warranty so im
not worried about voiding anything
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for your question
Yes if you are running IPL stagard wheel can damage the AWD system. The tires are to wide and all tires need to be the same as well as the same size. Other wise you put a strain on the AWD system and can damage it. If it was*****it would not be a problem.
If you have any more questions on this please feel free to ask. If not, and you are satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope that I have provided you with Excellent Service.
Thanks Jay
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there a way to disconnect the awd system just like for the summer or so,etching ( like pull the a wire or fuse would it work then ?
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
No I am afraid the way the system is designed, you can't just pull a fuse.
You can remove the transfer case and pull the front drive shaft then put the transfer case back in. That would make it*****
If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.
If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.
Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Haha would the dealer charge a lot for that ?
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
It's about 4 hours labor to remove the front drive shaft
Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
And that would completely disable to awd system ,... ? Could I put it back in if I needed to ?
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
It doesn't totally, but you won't have the strain on the transfer case.
Sure you can put it back in later and return the AWD to full operation.
Thanks Jay!
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Do you have any more questions on this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There seems to an option to disconnect something from the awd module from inside the glove box do you know anything about that ? Would that be an option as well ?
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
The issue is that you strain the mechanics of the system. Electrically you want to leave that working so your abs system and other control units communicate properly
Thanks Jay
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Do you have any more questions on this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Suppose I do just temporary take the module out or whatever ... Are you saying I would also lose my abs and Vdc ?
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
The Abs system reads signal from the AWD system. If you try to disable it electricaly, you will get warning lights on cause of control unit communication. If you take the drive shaft out, you will release the stress on the transfer case and you won't have any warning lights.
Understand?
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
I have helped you in the past. I would not steer you wrong. I am only thinking of what would be best for the longevity of the car for you.
Thanks Jay!
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Don't forget to Rate me if your Satisfied with my help. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service
Thanks Jay!