Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

Infiniti QX56: , my name is ***** ***** I have a 2004 Infiniti

Customer Question

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I have a 2004 Infiniti QX56 2WD. I came from work last night without any problems; however this morning when I tried to turn it on it seemed like was going to turn on without problem but it shut off quickly. Every time I try to turn it on it makes the normal sounds like it's going to start but it shuts off. Almost like there's no gas in it but there is. Anything will be helpful.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is***** happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!
When you turn the key to the ON position, is the Security light on Solid?
Let me know..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No the security light is not on. But as I tried to start it again there was a slight smell of gasoline. I have also cleaned the battery terminals.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Do you have any codes?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I Don't! I'm the second owner and have the infiniti for about 4+ years. Had never use any code.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
How many miles on the truck and is it equip with intelligent cruise control?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
129420 and yes I think it have it!
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
I have seen where some lasers internal short out which can cause no start issues. So that should be checked. But what really needs to be done to try to determine your issue is to scan the truck for codes. If you have any codes stored it could point to where the problem is located in the truck so it can be repaired. If there is no codes, then the fuel system would need to be checked. Possible Fuel pump or something. Fuel systems don't set codes. So starting with scanning for codes is really the first step I am afraid.
If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.
If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.
Thanks Jay!