Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

Infiniti G35: , I have an 03 g35 sedan 6mt. And there is

Customer Question

Hi, I have an 03 g35 sedan 6mt. And there is a ticking noise coming from the engine. The ticking speed matches rpms of engine. Is this a major issue that should be looked at ? My mechanic said it was probably injectors and is not a problem, but I'm skeptical.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Anthony replied 2 years ago.
Hello! Welcome to justanswer!
It sounds more like a valve tap. That can be caused by the wrong oil and a cheap aftermarket oil filter. Has the oil been changed recently? And if so what type and weight oil are you using?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I had the oil changed less than 500km ago. Used the proper weight oil full synthetic as per the owners manual. And I have always gotten oil changes done under 5000km intervals . I don't know what kinda oil filter that was used though.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What I want to know most, is wheather the ticking could be a serious problem, or is it more annoying than anything. Should I just keep driving the car and ignore the sound ?
Ps. Car has roughly 220,000 km