Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

Infiniti I30: I recently purchased an Infiniti I30 2001 car,

Customer Question

I recently purchased an Infiniti I30 2001 car, but the sunroof doesn't work. The previous owner says he unplugged the sunroof as soon as it stopped working, but I would like to see for myself what the problem really is and fix it.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. To access the sunroof motor, you need to lower the top roof finisher or lower the front of the head liner. Normally if the sunroof is not working, it's could be one of the two regulator cables that moves the glass is the problem. But that requires the whole head liner to be removed and the whole sunroof cassette to be removed. It's allot of work, where customers normally just unplug them like this so the roof stays closed and can't be opened. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105565483/Pages%20from%20el.pdf That link is all the info you need for the sunroof if you wish to see what is actually going on with it. If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.Thanks Jay!
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
I will not have this information available for you much longer. Tomorrow will be it's last day.
Thanks Jay!