Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

Infiniti QX56: I was getting the oil changed on my 2011 qx56

Customer Question

I was getting the oil changed on my 2011 qx56 and the guys just told me that the engine won't start. They tried to jump the battery and the engine just clicks when they pushed the start button. Is it the starter? I've never had a problem with the battery out anything else on this vehicle. Can the starter just go bad grin one minute to the next?
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. are you getting a single click, or rapid clicking when you try to start it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Rapid
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
rapid clicking is a sign of a weak battery or battery connection. How many miles on the truck?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
45000
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
your battery has a 4 year or 60k mile warranty. so if jump start it or need to get it towed to the dealer it would be replaced at no charge . If you have any more questions on this please feel free to ask. If not, and you are satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope that I have provided you with Excellent Service. Thanks Jay