Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer

Infiniti i35: i have a 04 infinity i35, its in perfect condition..i

i have a 04 infinity i35, its in perfect condition..i mean the body and interior still look like new..i have a oil leak,,i change the gasket a drip oil pan but the leak it not coming from there,,is above of drip pan oil in somewhere in the engine but i cant no found it,the leak,,my car feel like im driving it in 3 gear n i have to put oil in the engine every 3 days..what can be?
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 8 months ago.

Jay :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX XXXXX you for your question.

Jay :

Is the oil leak by the oil filter area?

Customer:

yes is coming from that area..

Jay :

The issue is not really a expensive repair

Jay :

in fact it's simply a 11 dollar o-ring

Jay :

It's call the oil cooler o-ring.

Jay :

Let me show you a picture of it and then explain.

Jay :

1 min please

Customer:

ok,,thanks

Jay :

ok..

Jay :

That link is a picture of the oil cooler o-ring

Jay :

To replace it all you need to do is remove the oil filter.

Customer:

im going to check that out..1 min

Jay :

Then place a 22 mm deep socket over the threaded area where the oil filter would screw into and that will come out like a bolt

Jay :

The loosen a few 12 mm bolts to allow the cooler to fold out to access the o-ring.

Jay :

Then you would simply replace it, and re-install to correct your problem

Jay :

That link is a break down on how it works.

Jay :

You don't need to disconnect any cooler hoses when replacing the o-ring.

Jay :

You only need to remove a few 12 mm bolts that secure the metal lines. This way after you have the metal lines for the cooler hoses loose, you can then access behind the oil cooler to replace the o-ring

Jay :

The part is around 11 dollars.

Jay :

Do you have any more questions on this?

Customer:

waow..that could be my problem..

Jay :

That is very common when you have a leak by the oil filter

Jay :

and for the price of the repair and how simple it is, it's worth replacing, cleaning up the area and then rechecking it the next day after driving

Customer:

ok..jay, im going to try that and ill really apreciated you time and help in this matter...

Jay :

Not a problem. I am glad I can help

Jay :

Thank you for using JustAnswer.cojm

Jay :

Don't forget to Rate me if your Satisfied with my help. I hope I have provided you Excellent Service

Jay :

Thanks Jay!

Customer:

yes u did,,u r great help

Jay :

Thank you!

Customer:

i will,,thanks alot.

Jay :

Your welcome and have a good evening.

Jay :

Thanks Jay!

Customer:

thanks n you too..

Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience: 20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer