Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer

Infiniti FX 35: I have a 2004 Infinity FX 35. The rear lift

I have a 2004 Infinity FX 35. The rear lift function for the driver's seat has stopped working. Do I need a new switch? If so, where can I purchase one?
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 5 months ago.

Jay :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX XXXXX you for your question.

Jay :

This is normally a expensive repair, but do have something to help you get it working temporarily

Jay :

Let me just make sure I understand your issue fully before I go any futher

Jay :

Lift gate does not operate what so ever. You can not get it open correct?

Customer:

It's not the lift gate. The lift function for the rear of the driver's seat doesn't work.

Jay :

oh

Jay :

That is part of the lower seat frame assembly

Jay :

The part is only available by getting the whole lower seat frame I am afraid

Customer:

It isn't possible to replace the switch?

Jay :

Which is around 7 to 800 dollars and 3 hours labor

Jay :

It could be, but you would need to unbolt the seat, fold it back and check power to the lift motor while operating the switch to verify if it's the seat frame or the switch

Customer:

If it turned out to be the switch, what's a good place to purchase one?

Jay :

Switch is about 140 bucks

Customer:

How exactly do you check power to the lift motor?

Jay :

Like I said, you will need to unbolt the seat and fold it back. Then with a volt meter back probe the lift motor and operate the switch to see if you have voltage

Jay :

If you do, then you know it's the motor and the lower seat frame would need to be replaced. If you don't, then it's most likely the switch.

Customer:

I have seen the lower seat frames for $4-500. Do you have a suggestion for finding the switch?

Jay :

Switch I am afraid is a dealer item only.

Jay :

Other than getting one from a salvage yard

Jay :

I can give you the wiring diagram if you like, if you want to check it your self?

Customer:

Yes, please.

Jay :

There you go

Jay :

Click the link to view the wiring diagram

Jay :

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

Jay :

If not, and your satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope I have provided you Excellent Service

Jay :

Thanks Jay!

Customer:

Thanks! We'll give it a try.

Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience: 20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer