Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer

Infiniti M45: What is involved in major tune up for an 2006

What is involved in major tune up for an 2006 Infiniti M45?
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 9 months ago.

Jay :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX Thank you for your question.

Jay :

which major service?

Jay :

How many miles on the car?

Customer:

105k

Jay :

ok, with the 105k service

Jay :

You get spark plugs..

Jay :

That is one of the biggest things about the 105k service

Jay :

The service is mainly like a 15k miles service but you get plugs..

Jay :

So you will get a oil and filter change, Tires will be rotated and balanced, Wipers replaced, Battery checked, Air filter, Incabin filter

Jay :

Full inspection and Spark plugs

Jay :

Top off all fluids of course

Customer:

No belts because the estimated cost was $1500...

Jay :

Belts would have been done at 90k miles

Jay :

If you didn't do your 90k mile service, they may recommend it if the belts are bad

Jay :

Spark plugs with parts and labor is around 4 to 500..

Jay :

I don't know what the other 1k dollars is

Customer:

Oh ok...so i wonder why it is so high. Is it because I am a woman..lol

Jay :

The service with spark plugs I would think all together should be around 900 or so

Jay :

I can double check our price menu at work tomorrow and get back to you if you like..

Customer:

I would appreciate it.

Jay :

ok..

Jay :

I will reply back to you on here some time tomorrow and let you know

Jay :

So to return back to check all you would need to do is log back into JustAnswer.com and go to My Questions..

Jay :

You will find this question there.

Jay :

Your user name and password XXXXX have been emailed to you.

Customer:

Thank u.

Jay :

So for now, just click Save & Exit

Jay :

Talk to you tomorrow.

Jay :

Thanks Jay!

Jay :

Ok, Thank you for waiting. I just checked to see how much we charge for the 105k service for the 8 cylinder.

Jay :

850 is what we charge for the 6 cylinder, and it's 1k dollars for the 8 cylinder.

Jay :

So unless your having other work done, I can't see why it would be 1500 for the service.

Jay :

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

Jay :

If not, and your satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope I have provided you Excellent Service

Jay :

Thanks Jay!

Customer:

The amount of mileage I gave you was inaccurate. I looked at it when I got off of work. Anyway, it is nearly 200k. Does this make a difference?

Customer:

The last major tune up I had was at 120k.

Jay :

If you had spark plugs done at 120k miles, then you shouldn't be due for plugs yet.

Jay :

You should be having I guess it would be a 190k service which is like a 30k mile service.

Jay :

That gets belts and that service is around the price of the 105k 6 cylinder service

Jay :

Around 850

Jay :

Brb

Jay :

Sorry, I am now working

Jay :

Do you have any more questions on this?

Customer:

Nope. I think I have all that I need to make an informed decision about where to take my car. Are you MD?

Customer:

oops, that should say are you in Maryland (MD)?

Jay :

No I am in NJ

Jay :

Jay :

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope I have provided you Excellent Service.

Jay :

Thanks Jay!

Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience: 20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer