Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

my infini icoon flash it say check your engine soon. is this

my infini icoon flash it say check your engine soon. is this something i should worry about.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 12 months ago.

Jay :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX Thank you for your question.

Jay :

If the Service Engine Soon light is flashing, that is a bad thing. If you continue to drive the car it can cause engine damage.

Jay :

That is what that light means when it's flashing

Jay :

If it was just on, then it would be safe to drive.

Jay :

My recommendation is to have the car scanned to see what codes you have.

Jay :

It's most likely a misfire code.

Jay :

Which can be caused by a few things

Jay :

Clogged Catt Converter, Bad Battery ground cables that burnt out the coils and Ecm, or simply Bad Plugs or Injectors.

Jay :

You will need to have this checked before you do any real engine damage.

Jay :

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

Jay :

If not, and your satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope I have provided you Excellent Service.

Jay :

Thanks Jay!

Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience: 20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
Expert:  Jay replied 12 months ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.