Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer

Need to change the valve cover gasket on 2002 Infiniti I35.

Need to change the valve cover gasket on 2002 Infiniti I35. could use some help with some instructions.
Hello and Thank you for using

Which valve cover are you replacing? Both, one? Radiator side? or under the plenum?

Let me kow, Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Both. The plenum one seems most complicated.

That is the most complicated. How many miles on the car? You may want to change spark plugs while your there also since your going to need to remove the plenum.

Let me know, Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, changing plugs too. 131k miles.

Smart. Make sure you use Platium NGK plugs. These engines don't like any other brand spark plugs.

Give me a min to get a layout of the plenum for you and I will do my best to give you some directions. There is no really directions in the manual, so I will do my best to help you.

Thanks Jay!
Ok, Click HERE for the plenum area break down.

Here is a image on the plenum. I put three blue arrows where there is 12 mm bolts on the back side of the plenum that have to be removed.graphic

It really doesn't tell you what hoses have to be removed. The throttle chamber has a couple coolant lines going to it. The hoses you will have to remove as you go. The throttle chamber I think you can remove it and leave it hanging so you don't disrupt the coolant hoses. Just watch the gaskets.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask. Thanks Jay!