Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

Infiniti FX35: 2006 Fx35 cranks hard before start sometimes

2006 Fx35 cranks hard before start sometimes 95000 mi changed fuel pump expensive what else plugs.
Hello and Thank you for using JustAnswer.com

Do you have a Service Engine Soon light on when it's running?

Let me know, thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No
So you have a long crank before starting? When was the last time you have had a idle relearn done?

Also did you just guess it was the fuel pump? These fuel pumps don't normally have issues.

Let me know, Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Recommended by dealer 700 they thought It was a tear in the rubber piece inside not holding the little store of gas for starting runs great after starting no miss idles perfect ? Whits end
Is it only hard to start after it's been sitting? or is it more often?

Let me know, Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
More often
This could be a sign of a cam sensor acting up. Do you have any drive ablity issue once you have it started?

Let me know, Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
None it's perfect very well maintained my only issue scary
Does it run ruff once it starts for a second or two? Then run fine?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Just a second
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
, Just a second
Oh boy.

What you are going to need to do is this. Pull all the spark plugs out and have all the tops of the pistons checked. See if any look to clean. This could be a sign of a seeping head gasket starting. But you are going to need to pull the spark plugs to check this.

Or, when your pulling the spark plugs, if there is any oil in the spark plug galley, that could make it hard to start and run ruff a second or two also.

That is where I would start to check for your problem at this point.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask. Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I thought the plugs if everything else was replaced it must be plugs r timing once after an oil change the dip stick was not pushed all the way in and splayed all over the engine maybe oil seeped in
No oil from the dipstick not being seated all the way won't allow oil to seep into the spark plug galleys. The valve cover it's self seals that galley. So if any oil is found in the spark plug galley the valve cover would need to be replaced to resolve that.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
How much normally to replace gasket
The valve cover would need to be replaced, not just the valve cover gasket. The part is around 380 bucks. Labor is around 4 to 5 hours. So it could cost close to 1k bucks if it's a valve cover.

Thanks Jay!