Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer

Infiniti I30: 1999 Infiniti I30 car will not start. I unlocked

1999 Infiniti I30 car will not start. I unlocked the passenger side front door manually. Now I cannot start my car. It will turn over but will not start. When key is in the one position the alarm light is solid.

I tried the undoing the battery cable. I tried unlocking the car using the key. I have tried the escape from lock mode, turning the key to the on 5 seconds off and repeated 3 times.

I still cannot get the car to start. Four months ago I had the starter, ignition coil, spark plugs and new battery installed and have not had any problem with the car.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 2 years ago.

Jay :

Hello and Thank you for using JustAnswer.com

Jay :

When the security light is solid it means it can't read the chip in the key, or it see's a key that was not programmed to the car

Jay :

Do you have another key you can try

Jay :

?

Customer:

No I do not have another key

Jay :

Inspect the key

Jay :

and make sure the chip is still in your key.

Jay :

please

Jay :

If it is, I have one thing you can try

Customer:

I do not see a chip where do I look?

Jay :

When you look at the key, This is where the chip is located

Customer:

Yes the chip is there

Customer:
Jay :

ok, then lets try to get the car out of lock mode

Jay :

Try that

Jay :

If that doesn't work, then the key will need to be reprogrammed to the car I am afraid

Jay :

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

Jay :

If your satisfied with my help, don't forget to rate me.

Jay :

Thanks Jay!

Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience: 20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer